Aug 2, 2006


Heart or Mind ?


It s been a week I m not able to decide on something very important . Till now my life is like I am walking on a path and waiting for a deviation to come, which I would take happily to reach my destination. And all of a sudden I see two deviations almost in same directions . Humhhhhh.... now it s a tough decision to take ....

My heart says take any one..it doesnt matter.My mind says dont take either, walk further on the same road you are walking now.... For obvious reasons , I want to listen to heart , as I know both roads are not bad at all ..but the question is on long run will i repent ? I m not scared of obstacles on the way as long as I reach where i want to ..Not necessarily professionally ..but my overall satisfaction ....

My heart says both roads will take me to my destiny . My mind says taking unknown roads at this point may not be a good idea .. just continue walking on the same road further...road I know very well...and I m definately going to miss lot of things if I leave this road ...

I ve thought over this again and again ..and whole night yesterday ...and at last have decided on listening to my heart. I think reaching a destination is not important ,but the journey is.Only when my heart is with me , will I enjoy the journey.

Not everyone gets new paths to take ...and when I have one ( or two )I should take it ( one of them ) . My heart has yet not told me which new path should i choose ...but now that I m going with the heart, I feel light ..still strong from inside.

What would you do if you had to choose between heart and mind ...?

10 Comments:

Blogger Harsha said...

You know my answer. Follow your heart. You wont repent it later.

And if you decide to listen to the mind, and you take that path, make sure you take the path with all your heart. Be committed to what you do. Give it 200% and even if you fail, you'll know you've given your best and that will be your satisfaction.

2:49 PM  
Blogger reborn said...

yes... still a bit confused and worried.., but I feel much better now . As you said, committment will give satisfaction. Thank you . :)

6:24 PM  
Blogger AJEYA RAO said...

Would like to share with you a poem by some unknown poet, which I read couple of years back...I will try to type it and send email you.. But what it basically says is..."I had two ways ..one was taken by many...other untouched...people never walked there...I took the path never taken....and the poem ends witht he words....I took the path never taken...which made all the difference."
But I dont know how easy this is in your situation. But anyways give a serious thought.

7:53 PM  
Blogger reborn said...

Humhh.. vaguely remember reading something like that ...will really appreciate if you could send me that . Uncertanities are too many while taking an unknown path , but I think they ll help me to adapt some of your angels ...:)

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Follow the heart but decide with the mind what is applicable in your particular, specific situation. If its the choice of career you are talking about, every passion cannot become a profession unfortunately. This may help you - Make your passion your profession

12:07 AM  
Blogger reborn said...

@hiren
thanks for stopping by ..it s mixture of career and personal choicee I m deciding on.. Well ...keeping a low profile now.. let s see ..:)

3:33 PM  
Blogger sugar@gmail.com said...

definitely - follow your mind - if your mind is strong - your heart will never fail you -

take a look at my blog - www.sugarsweetheaven.blogspot.com - you might find some answers there - :))

smile*

fida . . .

5:46 AM  
Blogger sugar@gmail.com said...

something i once read -

My heart is so small
it's almost invisible.
How can You place
such big sorrows in it?
"Look," He answered,
"your eyes are even smaller,
yet they behold the world."

fida . . .

5:48 AM  
Blogger reborn said...

@I am not who I am
Thanks for stopping by ... yes .. I have found answer now .. .. :)

10:25 PM  
Blogger Sheel said...

let me begin by asking u a question which as a doctor you will relate to.....do u believe in euthanasia the probabilty of life is never 1 for the end, the death of a dream it is nothing but 1.going by what ur heart says does not imply the mind is sacked in fact its role assumes a pivotal role

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home